Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reflection

I'm really happy I took this class. Before I didn't really know much about lighting so that was really killer to learn about. I want to be a cinematographer when I graduate  so learning about the lighting in know is going to help me so much in the future. Through this class I found my one true love, Zeiss lenses. I realized I like them more than I like most people and hopefully one of these days I'll be able to afford some but I may have to sell a kidney first. One of my favorite parts of this class was the days that felt like a day on set. Being on set is my happy place, and I think you can learn so much about how this industry works from spending just one day on a set. Not going to lie one of the hardest parts of this class was learning all of the camera specs. I'm still not 100% set with all of them yet so I know I need to go back and work with that some more. I also really liked the assignments we got in this class. I had the best time working on the scene assignments directing and DPing. Other then shooting the scene assignments, the rest of the project felt really real too because of the pre pro meeting and all the planning that went into it. Another part of the class I was really excited to get hands on time with was all of the movement shots. I had never worked with that big of a spider dolly before and definitely had never worked with a fig rig, slider, or glide track before. It was really cool getting to see the set up for all of those and see how they worked and what shots they worked best with. Over all I'm really happy I got to take this class because it really helped me to solidify and figure out what path I wanted to take in this industry. This class motivated me even more than I already was before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment